Toronto-Based Consulting Firm Specializing in Team Building & Organizational Development (OD)
- What are some pitfalls to avoid when planning an executive retreat or team building?
- Our team has seen it all and we are getting bored with standard fare. Is there anything really unique that you can suggest for our next session?
- Our organization is facing budget contraints. How can we offer an executive retreat or team building that is within the scope of our budget but still effective?
- What is the difference between team building and team recreation?
- What services do you offer for rapidly changing organizations?
- Do you offer location scouting or logistical planning services for team building and executive retreats?
- With what other rapidly changing organizations has the Executive Oasis International team worked?
- How does Executive Oasis International help executive teams manage change?
- Why an oasis?
- Do you offer any special programmes for small teams?
- Do you offer special rates for small teams?
- What are the payment terms for small groups?
- How do we go about requesting a quote or booking the services Executive Oasis International?
- What information does Executive Oasis International need in order to provide an accurate and timely quote?
- What are some important things to know about booking our services?
- How do handle preliminary inquiries?
- What can we expect to pay for the services of Executive Oasis International?
- What are your payment terms and conditions?
- Why is a retainer required before event venues, recreation service providers, resources for entertainment, and other special suppliers are contacted for quotes?
- What is your policy regarding alcohol consumption?
- Is Executive Oasis International a travel agency?
- How do I get permission to link to the Executive Oasis International site?
- How do link to the Executive Oasis International site?
- We are a Toronto (Canada) based management consulting firm.
- ALL inquiries are handled from Toronto.
- We do NOT specialize in activities that are strictly recreational.
Common Business Challenges
Team Building Tips & Best Practices
About Our Services
Services for Small Groups
Booking our Services
Pricing, Payment Terms, and Conditions
We have worked with Anne the last three years for our President's Club and she was top notch for quality. The three events were great success and many thanks to Anne for her expert services to make them great! I would highly recommend Anne for group functions to let your group enjoy and relax knowing you are being taken care of.Michael Turajlich, Scalar Decisions Inc., Toronto
The retreat went well. Anne provided useful techniques and was enthusiastic and informative. The Leadership Team enjoyed themselves and learned so much about the value by each participant from our Leadership Team.Bob Boaldin, Founder/CEO, EPICPCS, Elkhart, Kansas
Anne is an excellent mentor who taught me years ago how the training profession operated. With her as my coach, I progressed from being a telephone customer service rep to being a full time trainer in less than a year. A few years after that, I was promoted to Manager of Call Centre Training at one of the largest telecom companies in Canada.Mike Aoki, President, Reflective Keynotes
This was terrific team building, surpassed my expectations and provided an entirely new experience.Ian Lum You, Vice-President, Sales, Dial Corporation
Anne organized a cooking event, meeting, and dinner.... She totally nailed the venue choices, presented interesting options, and was instrumental in helping making the event a success. Anne brings unique event ideas and a professional approach to event planning.Maurice Benatar, Vice President Business Development and Marketing, Mayhew
Before contacting us for a quote, please review our:
For serious inquiries only, you have 3 options for requesting a quote:
- click on the Request Quote tab at the top of each page to access our Request for Quote Form.
- Submit an E-mail Request for Quote.
- Contact us by phone.
Please provide as much detail as possible about your requirements and including budget and number of participants. We would be pleased to suggest options that will achieve your objectives and fit your time preferences and budget.
What You can Expect From us
Unless we are in transit, you can expect a response from us within 24 to 48 hours. Once we have all your information, we will prepare your proposal within 2 to 5 business days.
We will send you a quote and programme outlines. We will provide you with a rough idea of pricing based on recent quotes.
For customized itineraries and requests for quote involving the use of off-site venues, we require a US$500 retainer before we contact any venues on your behalf. For luxury corporate events in all countries and retreats in Japan, the retainer will be US$1000. This will be deducted from your fees if you book your session with us (for groups of 20 or more).
What we Expect From You
We would appreciate the courtesy of being informed of your decision within 5 - 10 business of receiving our quote.
What information does Executive Oasis International need in order to provide an accurate and timely quote for an executive retreat or executive teambuilding session?
By providing the following information when you contact us, we will be able to provide a timely quote and assist your organization in determining the best programme and approach to address your business needs:
- Proposed Dates (Have several options)
- Desired Length of Session
- Purpose of Session (i.e. business-related, business-related with recreational activities)
- Approximate Budget Range
- Name & Email adress of Decision Maker (Mandatory)
- Size of Group
- Demographics of Group (occupation, degree of physical fitness, analytical vs. creative types)
- Key Business Challenges your
(team and organizational)
- Recent organizational and team changes
and how your team has reacted to them
First of all, our goal is provide high quality service to help your business thrive even during turbulent times. When you contact us, we pledge to respond to you in a timely manner and offer you a fair quote that reflects the value that our services will bring to your organization. We aren't the lowest cost service provider. Neither are we the most expensive./
Secondly, we will spend about 5 to 10 minutes on the phone with the decision make from your organization to help pinpoint your needs so that we can offer you the best approach to achieve the results you desire.
We will provide you with a quote for our services and suggested outline via e-mail at no charge. This quote will include an estimate of what the service will cost and a link to the page on our web site that contains a description of the services or programmes in which you have expressed an interest.
If you require a fully customized outline of how the programme would unfold for your organizationbefore you have booked our services, we would be pleased to provide an event planning consultation for US$1000 with specific recommendations based on your needs. The reason for this is that once we give you a detailed plan there is nothing to stop you from delivering it internally or handing it off to another consulting firm. (To obtain the information required to do this, we will meet with you in person if your office is within commuting distance of the Greater Toronto area.) Our event planning consultation fee is decutible from your final invoice if you end up booking Executive Oasis International to design and facilitate team building or your executive retreat.
Finally, we will deal with you fairly and in a timely manner and we expect the same level of professionalism from our clients and prospective clients. Please contact us when you have identified a budget and you are ready to move forward. Just as you can expect a timely response from us, we expect timely decisions from you about whether or not you intend to move forward and use our services. Under normal circumstances, for internal team building events, seminars and design projects, we would expect a decision within 5 - 10 business days of the time that we submit our quote to you. We realize that for large internal events or major external conferences this may not be possible. If it isn't, then please let us know what is realistic.
We respond to serious inquires only. If you are not ready to make a decision and book our services, please take advantage of the detailed information we have provided on our website including a rough idea of our prices.
What is conisdered to be a serious inquiry?
Serious inquiries have:
- senior management approval to hold the team building session or corporate event and select a supplier has been given by the person with signing authority
- a budget has been allocated
- your have a rough idea of how many people will be participating
- you are ready to select a supplier and in a position to make a decision within 5 - 10 business days of receiving our quote *
* = If you can't then a firm date for making a decision and a clear decision making process must be outlined at the time your request is made.
Important: Please also see our payment terms and conditions.
That depends. It depends on group size, location and which team building programmes or corporate event planning services you require. We have team building ranging from moderate simulations to exclusive, high end luxury itineraries. This is whey we do need to have an idea of your objectives, budget, and group size in order to prepare your quote.
Here are some rough guidelines of where our prices:
For Canadian & USA Clients:
Please Note: Rates are quoted in Canadian dollars for companies in Canada and US$ for all other countries.
Our rates do not include taxes, gratuities, accommodation, venue, AV, meals, refreshments, airfare, or other transportation.
- Per Hour: $375
- 1/2 Day: $1500
- 1 Day: $3000
- Long Term: $1200 - $1500 per day
For meeting or team building facilitation, this rate applies if a member of your team will be handling all venue arrangements, logistics, and printing of handouts.
For up to 20 people:
- 1/2 Day: $2200
- 1 Day: $4400
- 2 Days: $6200
- 3 Days: $7750
Facilitation, Event Planning & Logistics:
- 1/2 Day: From $135 per person (based on group size of 20)
- 1 Day: From $250 per person (based on group size of 20)
- 2 Days: From $325 per person (based on group size of 20)
- 2 1/2 - 3 Days: From $400 per person (based on group size of 20)
Facilitation, Event Planning, Logistics, & Outdoor Recreational Team Challenges:
- 1 Day: From $300 per person (based on group size of 20)
- 2 Days: From $425 per person (based on group size of 20)
- 2 1/2 - 3 Days: From $500 per person (based on group size of 20) *
* = includes outdoor team challenges on 2 days
Extra charge to include specialized luxury activities like dog sledding, desert safaris, 4 x 4 jeep adventures, horse riding, polo, abseiling, or ziplines.
Please contact us for a quote for other group sizes and programme lengths.
Corporate Event Planning
- From $3000 * (based on 20 Person Minimum)
* = Does not include staffing and supplies.
Please note that our rates will be 20% higher if planning your session involves working with a committee of more than 3 people
For Other Countries: Please contact us to request quote if you are in a position to make a decision and select a service provider within 5 to 10 business days of receiving our quote.
Regular Payment Terms
70% deposit due at the time of booking.
Full payment is due a minimum of:
- 1 calendar month prior to your scheduled dates, for sessions and events to be delivered in Canada
- 6 weeks prior to our departure from Canada, for sessions and events to be delivered in Canada
For sessions booked with less notice, 100% payment is due at the time of booking.
For sessions involving complex logistics, there will be a 10 - 15% surcharge for all sessions booked and paid for with less than 1 calendar month's notice (less than 6 weeks prior to departure for international engagements. No exceptions.
For last minute bookings (less than 10 business days), there is a surcharge of 10% and payment must be provided by certified cheque or bank transfer.
All last minute incidentals to be paid to Executive Oasis International and its suppliers in cash or by credit card prior to delivery of service
Terms for Payment of Travel Expenses
Travel expenses for the facilitator must be paid in full at time of booking. This includes airfare, taxes, cancellation and health insurance, round trip transfers to the Toronto airport, transit hotels, transfers at the destination, and meals in transit. The reasons for this is that many airlines have cut back drastically on their routes and seats fill up months in advance of the travel date. We must book immediately to ensure availability.
- $500 - $1000 retainer required before availability of venues is checked or customized outlines provided (if this information is required before booking)
- 70% due at the time of booking
- Travel expenses for facilitator due in full at time of booking.
- Balance (30%) due one calendar month prior to the session or event (6 weeks prior to departure for international engagements). Any retainers paid prior to booking will be applied as a credit.
Why is a retainer required before event venues, recreation service providers, resources for entertainment, and other special suppliers are contacted for quotes?
Assistance with venue selection is a value added service we offer at no extra charge. for clients who have booked our team building or corporate event planning services. If you decide to book a team building retreat or use or corporate event planning services and pay the deposit, we will assist you with location scouting and finding an appropriate venue.
Unfortunately, there have been many abuses and companies have contacted us to do their legwork for them with no intentions of using our sevices. This is highly unethical.
It is exremely important for us to maintain constructive relationships with ALL of our alliance partners and suppliers so that we can serve clients in the future. We want to ensure that companies are serious before our team and our alliance partners invest in some cases days in researching and preparing customized options.
If you need to have venue suggestions or a detailed event plan before you can make a decision, our fully deductible retainer is small. It is our way of ensuring that your inquiry is serious.