What are some important things to know about booking our services?
First of all, our goal is provide high quality service to help your business thrive even during turbulent times. When you contact us, we pledge to respond to you in a timely manner and offer you a fair quote that reflects the value that our services will bring to your organization. We aren't the lowest cost service provider. Neither are we the most expensive.
Secondly, we will spend about 15 to 20 minutes with you on the phone to help you pinpoint your needs so that we can offer you the best approach to achieve the results you desire. After we have spoken with you on the phone and asked a number of questions to determine your requirements, we will provide you with a quote via e-mail at no charge. This quote will include an estimate of what the service will cost and a link to the page on our web site that contains a description of the services or programmes in which you have expressed an interest.
If you require a customized outline of how the programme would unfold for your organization, we would be pleased to provide an event planning consultation for US$1000 with specific recommendations based on your needs. The reason for this is that once we give you a detailed plan there is nothing to stop you from delivering it internally or handing it off to another consulting firm. (To obtain the information required to do this, we will meet with you in person if your office is within commuting distance of the Greater Toronto area.)
Most of our clients already have a made a decision about the location of their event by the time they contact us. If you require assistance with location scouting, we will determine your requirements, scope out the market and present you with 3 locations that are available for your preferred dates. The retainer for location scouting is US$500. Toronto companies that require location visits before deciding whether or not to use our services will be charged a retainer of US$750 before any venues are disclosed or shown. If all you require is a consultation to help you plan your event and location scouting, the fee is $850. If you decide to move forward and use our services to facilitate your executive retreat or meeting, we will apply any amount paid for event planning consultations and location scouting as a credit on your final invoice.
Thirdly, we will deal with you fairly and in a timely manner and we expect the same level of professionalism from our clients and prospective clients. Please contact us when you have identified a budget and you are ready to move forward. Just as you can expect a timely response from us, we expect timely decisions from you about whether or not you intend to move forward and use our services. Under normal circumstances, for internal team building events, seminars and design projects, we would expect a decision within 5 business days of the time that we submit our quote to you. We realize that for large internal events or major external conferences this may not be possible. If it isn't, then please let us know what is ralistic
A Word About Alcohol
For safety reasons, we discourage the use of alcohol on our retreats. Wine can be served with dinner as long as there are to be no demanding physical activities in the evening. To avoid legal liability for your organization and ours, it is highly recommended that clients engage the services of a smart serve bartender if participants will be driving. Alcoholic beverages can also be consumed in moderation after completion of the day's activities. We reserve the right to refuse to allow group members who are intoxicated to participate in activities that require physical exertion and a high level of alertness.
There have been some high profile cases in the USA and Canada recently in which organizations have been held liable in alcohol related accidents and deaths after company functions. Even though a couple of these have been overturned on appeal, it's not worth the risk, the negative publicity or the time and money to fight a lawsuit.
What can we expect to pay?
Important: Please also see our payment terms and conditions.
That depends. We have sessions ranging from moderate simulations to exculsive, high end luxury itineraries. This is whey we do need to have an idea of your budget in order to prepare your quote.
Here are some rough guidelines of where our prices:
For Canadian & USA Clients:
Please Note: These figures do not include taxes, gratuities, accommodation, venue, AV, meals, refreshments, airfare or other transportation
Facilitation & Event Planning to Pull Your session Together
- 1/2 Day: From $235 per person (based on minimum group size of 15)
- 1 Day: From $260 per person (based on minimum group size of 20)
- 1 Day: From $180 per person (based on minimum group size of 50)
- 1 Day From $335 per person (including Outdoor Recreation based on minimum group size of 20)
- 1 Day From $330 per person (including Outdoor Recreation based on minimum group size of 50)
- 2 Days: From $350 per person (based on minimum group size of 20)
- 2 Days: From $425 per person (including Outdoor Recreation based on minimum group size of 20)
- Facilitated 3 Day Retreat: From $450 per person (based on minimum group size of 15)
- Facilitated 3 Day Retreat: From $550 per person (including Outdoor Recreation based on minimum group size of 15)
- Facilitated 3 Day Retreat: From $1210 per person (based on minimum group size of 5)
- Facilitated 3 Day Retreat: From $1530 per person (including Outdoor Recreation based on minimum group size of 5)
Extra charge to include specialized activities like dog sledding, desert safaris, horse riding, abseiling, or ziplines.
High End Luxury Programmes & Excursions
High end luxury itineraries will always be customized. These itineraries typically include meals. Here are some examples of pricing:
- Gourmet Cooking Escapades in or near Toronto $550 - $600 per person plus GST and gratuities (includes round trip transportation by limo.)
- Luxury dog sledding getaway including round trip transportation by helicopter $1481 - $1912 depending on group size. With overnight stay, this excursion is available from $1756 - $2187.
- Elite 1 day, jungle survival expedition near Singapore $1750 plus GST per person
- $4000 per person for high end Amazing Race (foreign) or Great Canadian Race with helicopters, boats, luxury cars, horses, limousines etc.
- $13,000 per person (exculding airfare) for 8 day Japanese itinerary including stays at the top hotels and ryokans, ugraded transportation, meals, special dinner and entertainment with geishas, Kabuki, first class on shinkansen
For meeting or team building facilitation if a member of your team will be handling all venue arrangements and logistis.
- 1 Day: $4200 (20 People)
- 2 Days: $6500 (25 People)
Please contact us for a quote for other group sizes and programme lengths.
- 1/2 Day: From $235 per person (based on minimum group size of 15) - Simple event without complex logistics
- 1 Day: From $125 per person (based on minimum group size of 40) - Simple event without complex logistics
Specialized activities like dog sledding, desert safaris, horse riding, abseiling, or ziplines will be higher.
Please note that our rates will be 20% higher if planning your session involves working with a committee of more than 3 people
Depending on group size and the size of your budget, our rates will be roughly:
- 10% of your budget ($5000 minimum)
For event planning that involves working with a committee of more than 3 people, our rates will be:
- 15% of your budget ($6000 minimum)
For Other Countries: Please contact us to request quote if you are in a position to make a decision and select a service provider within 5 to 10 business days of receiving our quote.
What are your payment terms and conditions?
Regular Payment Terms
Full payment is due a minimum of:
- 1 calendar month prior to your scheduled dates, for sessions and events to be delivered in Canada
- 6 weeks prior to our departure from Canada, for sessions and events to be delivered in Canada
For sessions booked with less notice, 100% payment is due within 7 - 10 business days prior to your scheduled dates.
All payments must be received at least 7 business days prior to your event or session.
For last minute bookings (less than 7 business days), payment must be provided by certified cheque or bank transfer.
- $500 - $1000 retainer required before availability of venues is checked or consulting services provided
- 60% due at the time of booking (within 7 to 10 business days of booking)
- Balance (40% less retainer) due one calendar month prior to the session or event (6 weeks prior to departure for international engagements)
- We realize that, for sessions involving complext logistics, there will be a 10 - 15% surcharge for all sessions booked and paid for with less than 1 calendar month's notice (less than 6 weeks prior to departure for international engagements. No exceptions.
Terms for Payment of Travel Expenses
Travel expenses must be paid in full at time of booking. This includes airfare, taxes, cancellation and health insurance, round trip transfers to the Toronto airport, transit hotels, transfers, and meals. The reasons for this is that many airlines have cut back drastically on their routes and seats fill up months in advance of the travel date.
All last minute incidentals to be paid to Executive Oasis International and its suppliers in cash or by credit card prior to delivery of service
Payment Terms for Small Groups & low budgets
For small groups and Low budgets:
- $500 - $1000 retainer required before availability of venues checked or consulting is provided
- 100% payment due within 5 - 7 days of booking
Small groups are:
- groups with fewer than 20 for facilitated business team building and executive retreats
- fewer than 30 for strictly recreational or entertainment events
Regular payment terms will apply if the total invoiced is more than US$5000
Low budgets are groups for which:
- rate is less than $100 per person and/or
- total invoiced is US$5000 or less
What are your other terms and conditions?
Other Terms and Conditions
Executive Oasis International pledges to provide you and your team with high quality service and a memorable experience that meets your objectives and budget. We will provide you with an accurate and timely quote that meets your objectives and budget.
In exchange, when requesting a quote please ensure that:
- your inquiry is serious and you have definitely decided to proceed with this event or this service
- you are at the point of selecting a service provider
- You have checked with the decision maker(s) and, in addition to your own agenda items, there is enough time for:
- Option 1: Retreat Including Team building & Recreation (minimum 2 1/2 Days)
- Option 2: Team Building Simulation (minimum 1 Day)
- Option 3: Team Recreation (minimum 4 hours)
- a budget has been allocated for this service or event
- you have a clear decision making process and criteria including a date for the decision
- ALL sign-offs and approvals have been completed to proceed with this event or session and we are only awaiting approval of venue, final budget and itinerary/agenda to select a supplier
By requesting a quote you are indicating that you:
- have checked with your Finance Department and your policies make it possible to adhere to our payments terms
- have allocated sufficient budget to provide funds for any required air travel
- are in a position to make a decision and select a supplier within 5 - 10 business days of receiving our quote
- will inform us of your decision within 5 - 10 business days of receiving your quote
- will treat your proposal as confidential and proprietary and only share it with members of our organization involved in the decision making process
- agree that you won't release any of the details concerning your quotes, proposals and programme outlines to ANY third parties, suppliers, competitors, or prospective vendors without our written consent
- agree to our guidelines re: alcohol consumption
You are also indicating that you understand that:
- there are no exceptions to our payment terms
- a business fare or economy (M, Y, or U class) fare will be required for all travel over 3 hours
- all information submitted to you in our quote or proposal is strictly for the purpose of helping you make a decision
- Executive Oasis International is not a travel agent but we would be pleased to recommend and obtain quotes from airlines, unique venues, hotels, and resorts that you can pay for directly
- Executive Oasis International will obtain quotes and contracts for you from venues outside Canada and airlines if you book your session at least 2 calendar months in advance
- a retainer of US$500 for regular services or $1000 for luxury services will be required before Executive Oasis International contacts any hotels of other venues our behalf
- if your organization requires detailed budgets, programme outlines and timelines, etc. as part of the decision making process, we will
be invoiced for a $1000 deposit towards event planning fees and the information will be released only upon payment
- except for groups with fewer than 20 participants, that are booking services that are strictly recreational, the retainer for detailed event plans will be applied as a credit towards our final invoice should you decide to book your services
How do we request a quote?
Before contacting us for a quote, please review our:
For serious inquiries only, you have 3 options for requesting a quote:
Please provide as much detail as possible about your requirements and including budget and number of participants. We would be pleased to suggest options that will achieve your objectives and fit your time preferences and budget.
We consider inquiries to be serious, if:
- approval to hold the event and select a supplier has been given by the person with signing authority
- a budget has been allocated
- your have a rough idea of how many people will be attending
- you are ready to select a supplier and in a position to make a decision within 5 - 10 business days of receiving our quote
Unless we are in transit, you can expect a response from us within 24 to 48 hours. Once we have all your information, we will prepare your proposal within 2 to 5 business days. We would appreciate the courtesy of being informed of your decision within 5 - 10 business of receiving our quote.
We will provide you with a rough idea of pricing based on recent quotes, however, effective immediately, for customized itineraries and requests for quote involving hotels, resorts, and the use of off-site venues, we require a US$500 retainer before we contact any venues on your behalf. For luxury corporate events and luxury incentive travel itineraries to Japan, the retainer will be US$1000. This will be deducted from your fees if you book your session with us.
Why is a retainer required before airlines, hotels, other venues and resources for entertainment options have been contacted?
Your time and our time is valuable. In order to do business, it is imperative that we maintain a constructive working relationship with ALL of our alliance partners. We want to ensure that companies are serious before our team and our alliance partners invest time in preparing customized options.
If you aren't in a position to select a service provider and book your retreat, team building session or event within 5 - 10 business days of receiving our quote, we invite you to explore our website. We have full information about our services and a rough idea of pricing. When you are in a position to make a decision and select a service provider, please contact us.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
How do I get permission to link to the Executive Oasis International site?
Actually, you don't need permission. Find our content to be of value? Feel free to link to our site. We will not become involved in reciprocal linking schemes. Here are some ideas:
How do I link to the Executive Oasis International site?
To Post Our Logo With a Link
images/executiveoasislogosmall.gif" WIDTH="150" HEIGHT="210"
For a text link:
Executive Oasis International is a Toronto (Canada) based consulting firm with a strong network of alliance partners in the Middle East (Dubai, Oman, Egypt), Jamaica, & Asia (Singapore, Malaysia).
Bringing us to destinations outside Toronto will involve air travel but itís worth it. Please obtain approval for our air travel expenses into your budget BEFORE requesting a quote.
E-mail Link for Preliminary Inquiries
Corporate Event Planning