Media Centre - Executive Oasis International
About Executive Oasis International
For over 20 years, Executive Oasis International has helped organizations from 18 countries
foster innnovation, and improve organizational effectiveness.
ALL inquiries are handled from our office in Toronto, Canada where we are based.
- Telephone: +1 905 887-2477
Executive Oasis International
Markham, Ontario, Canada
We welcome inquiries from media and our President is available for interviews.
- Owned by Anne Thornley-Brown, MSW, MBA - Bio
- Expertise: We facilitate executive retreats, team building, and meetings to help rapidly changing organizations survive,thrive, and grow even in the midst of turbulence.
- Services: Our Services at a Glance
- Reach: We have have worked with companies from 18 countries.
During 18 tours of Asia. We have delivered workshops and team building to over 2,000 executives, managers, and professionals.
Our President has blogged regularly for The Huffington Post, Plan Your Meetings by MPI, Event Manager Blog, Meetings.net, EventMobi, Cvent, Event Coup, Elite Meetings, and more.
- Our History:
1996: Launch The Training Oasis, Inc., a consulting firm specialing in accelerated learning, experiential learning, and instructional design.
2000: International First programmes delivered in Malaysia, Singapore, and India.
2003: International First programme delivered in Thailand.
2003: Executive Oasis International brand created for executive team building.
2006: International First executive retreats delivered in Dubai.
2007: International Delivered first programmes in the Caribbean.
2007: Blogs Executive Oasis International launched its 2 official blogs.
2011: Our President and founder started blogging for Cvent, 5 times a week.
Often, when people think of a desert, they picture a flat and sandy terrain that stretches for miles. Deserts are actually rugged environments with towering sand dunes, desert storms, extreme hot and cold temperatures. Jeeps race up and down desert sand dunes in roller coaster fashion. If they don't, it's easy to get stuck and end up spinning your wheels. In the desert, one can travel for miles upon miles without seeing any sign of growth.
This is a perfect description of the business environment since 2001. Wide fluctuations in corporate and stock market performance, the increasingly tough environment in which to grow business, and the sweeping effects of political upheavals, terror attacks, flooding, tsunamis, H1N1, SARS, 9/11, and other cataclysmic events have their parallel in the desert storms. The pace of change has accelerated. Organizations have to move at break neck speed to stay ahead of the competition.
Anne Thornley-Brown, our owner, has been interviewed by various media outlets. Here are a few examples. If you missed them you can tune in:
NPR, July, 2014:
Blogtalkradio, November, 2013:
Blogtalkradio, May, 2010:
CBC Radio 1's "The House", December, 2008
- How Team Building Can Help the House of Commons
You can hear Anne around the 30:00 remark, right after Prime Minister Harper's comments about trust building
Executive Oasis International has an active and strong social media presence. Our President manages a number of virtual communities.
- Group Owner, International Team Building Network for Executives,
Members from 30+ countries
- Group Manager, Event Planning & Management Group,
Grew from 4,000 members in 2008 to 350,000+ members in 2017
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
Executive Oasis International has been profiled in a number of media outlets and publications including:
- Why event post mortems matter and how to do them right
- How to Plan a Successful Executive Retreat Successful Meetings Magazine, August, 2016
- 5 Steps to Create a Better Executive Retreat Successful Meetings Magazine, August, 2016
- Ideas to Help Keep Tempers Cool at Meetings Smart Meetings Magazine, March, 2015
- Corporate Team-Building Activities: The Good, the Bad and the Really UglyU.S. News & World Report, September, 2014
- Corporate Team-Building Events: The Good, The Bad & the Ugly Huffington Post UK, April, 2014
- Team building, le agenzie devono ripensare i propri concept per gestire le sfide del mercato, January, 2014
- Middle East: Rules of Engagement, International Meetings Review, May, 2013
- Extreme Team Building, ASME, December 2012
- Team Building 2.0, Global Forum, Drug Information Association, June, 2011, page 86
- "Team Building Primer", The Enterprise, Utah's Business Journal, SBH, Utah, May, 2011
- Executive Survivor - Jungle Retreats in Malaysia, Incentive Spotlight, MICE Now, China Economic Review, 2011 (In English & Mandarin)
- Optimal Business Teams 1.0: A Beginning Blueprint, Global Forum, Drug Information Association, April, 2011, page 69
- Corporate Event Ideas to Deliver Expensive Contracts Canadian Business Review, September, 2010
- When hitting targets means hitting the beach - and a nail head Globe & Mail, May, 2010
- Executive Retreats Move Your Company in the Right Direction Smart Meetings Magazine, May, 2010
- Should Companies Cancel Incentive Travel During a Recession? Incentive Magazine, March, 2009
- During Tough Times, Smart Firms Retreat, National Post Archive
- Canadian Institute of Management From Corporate Survival to Corporate Success: The Name of the New Economic Game - Part 1 April, 2009, Page 11
- Destination Malaysia, HRM Singapore
- Wall Street Journal (Asia Edition), April 2007
- Are You Sabotaging Your Company? A common self-defeating behaviour among CEOs - and how to change it, Profit Magazine, February, 2007
- Corporate Playgrounds, MICE International
- Make work fun: Corporate retreat, Canadian Business Magazine
- "All for One and One for All" Biz Bash To. Guide to Meetings September/October, 2006, Page 30
- How the Other Half Meets: Planning Special Events for Fortune 1000 Firms
- Corporate Retreats Event Solutions Magazine (.PDF File)
- Step Away From the Fish Eyes
10 Tips for Planning Retreats Abroad Web Extra, Event Solutions Magazine
- The Race is On: Team building exercises draw from reality TV for inspiration Contact Magazine, Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Profit Magazine's Essential Web Guide