Wilderness Survival, Survivor Team Building & Executive Retreats
Facilitated Executive Retreats & Team Building in Canada
- This business simulation is 2 - 3 1/2+ days.
- We do NOT specialize in activities that are strictly recreational.
Wilderness Survival Team Building
As Canada is impacted by the fallout from the changes in the U.S. and European geo-political landscapes, Canadian are businesses facing increasingly competitive markets at home and abroad. To survive, thrive, and grow in our turbulent economy, even well established companies need to transform themselves and move beyond outdated paradigms. This involves:
- re-assessing your vision
- improving products and services
- re-shaping your marketing strategy
- identifying new markets for your products and services
- shaping a corporate culture that fuels innovation
- transforming team leader/team member interactions
Wilderness Survival, a facilitated 2 - 3 1/2 day team building simulation inspired by the TV show Survivor, will familiarize your team with a suite of tools that companies can use to analyze their own business challenges and to generate solutions.
Your team will participate in a variety of facilitated business exercises as well as outdoor team challenges with a wilderness theme. Organizations have the option of camping out overnight to boost team bonding.
Wilderness Survival: Survivor Team Building is available for executive retreats, team building, sales rallies, & incentives for sales teams.
Wilderness Survival team building is available throughout Canada including Toronto, the Muskokas, Port Carling, Caledon, Haliburton, Gatineau, Mont Tremblant, & Eastern Townships.
- Introduce your team to effective but simple tools for planning, decision making, and brainstorming in a fast-paced environment.
- Break down silos and improve cross-functional teamwork.
- Improve your team's ability to deal with uncertainty and tolerate ambiguity.
- Equip your team for the challenges of a rapidly changing environment.
- Enhance cohesion between geographically dispersed teams.
The best news is that your team will have fun doing it.
We have teamed up with Canada's foremost outdoor survival expert who trained TV's Survivorman to deliver the activity components of this programme.
Wilderness Survival, Survivor Team Building
Inspired by the TV show Survivor, Wilderness Survival Team Building takes teams through a step-by-step "team tune up" to:
- Build team spirit.
- Unleash your team's creativity
- Identify and eliminate communication stop gaps.
- Identify untapped markets for your products and services.
- Forge stronger links between geographically dispersed teams.
It was supposed to be the adventure of a lifetime - you hike (canoe or ride your horses) to the heart of the Canadian hinterland. But, you just couldn't resist going for it. A wild race, a fast gallop, lots of laughs - and suddenly you're separated from your guides and the rest of your party.
You've lost your money, your identification, your passports, and your airline tickets. You have enough food to last a for 3 days. All you have are your horses, tack, the clothes on your backs, your survival packs, and the one "luxury" item you managed to sneak inside your gear.
You're not too worried. Your First Nations guides told you they'd send out a search party. In the meantime, you must come up with a plan. Your guides will help you implement it and get the word out when you are rescued.
The next morning, you pull out the Wilderness Survival package. You begin to develop your strategy using idea chains, storyboards, flow charts, and force field analysis. You'll identify a product that you can manufacture in the wilderness to raise money, and design a marketing strategy that you can implement upon rescue.
Facilitation: Your facilitator will take you through a pre-briefing to ensure that the links between Wilderness Survival and the challenges your team faces are clear. Your facilitator will debrief the experience with your team to identify insights, tools and strategies that your team can take back to work and use immediately.
- Idea Chains
- Priority Grids
- Corporate Landscape Analyzer
- Force Field Analysis
- Cause/Effect Fishbones (Not reviewed)
- Flow Charts (Not reviewed)
Logistics: Activities Included:
- Orienteering with a Compass
- GPS Geocache Treasure Hunt
- Fire Starter Challenge
- Bon Fire
- Night Hike
Important: To offer this session with the name Survivor and include elements from the show, royalty charges will have to be paid to CBS, Disney or Touchstone depending on your location.