Team Building Blogs - Executive Oasis International, Toronto
Team Building, Destination & Event Planning Blogs
Since 2008, Anne Thornley-Brown, MBA, President, Executive Oasis International has created engaging content for our company blogs and a number of major Internet portals.
Anne Thornley-Brown, M.B.A., Blogger & Our President
Anne Thornley-Brown, President of Executive Oasis International, is a professional team building and meeting facilitator, OD specialist, keynote speaker, and well respected blogger.
Anne Thornley-Brown has an M.B.A. from York University's Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada. To create compelling blog posts, Anne draws on her business experience serving corporate clients from 18 countries and her travel to 24 countries.
Anne is avaialbe to custom craft blog posts for your organization. Her focus is on strategies to spearhead organizational change, improve team building effectiveness, and boost the R.O.I. of corporate team building, meetings and events. Anne has profiled hot destinations, revealed what's hot in team building and corporate events, and explored meeting challenges and solutions.
Anne Thornley-Brown has extensive business experience in a variety of industries including banking, wireless communications, high technology, transportation, the non profit sector, and film and television.
Anne has assumed personal responsibility for the Executive Oasis International blog portfolio since it was unveiled in 2008. (She launched Spice of the Month: Accelerated Learning, her first ezine, for our sister company in 1997. Ezines eventually evolved into blogs.)
Anne's blog posts were so well received that she soon started receiving guest blogging invitations from editors. For example, she was part of the Cvent blogging team for 4 1/2 years. Huffington Post approached her after reading some of her work. Anne has guest blogged for a number of portals including Plan Your Meetings by MPI, Event Manager Blog, EventMobi Blog, Meetings.net, Liz King Events, Elite Meetings, and Event Coup.
ALL inquiries are handled from our office in Toronto, Canada where we are based.
- Telephone: +1 905 887-2477
Executive Oasis International
Markham, Ontario, Canada
We welcome inquiries from media and our President is available for interviews.
Executive Oasis International has an active and strong social media presence. Our President manages a number of virtual communities.
- Group Owner, International Team Building Network for Executives,
Members from 30+ countries
- Group Manager, Event Planning & Management Group,
Grew from 4,000 members in 2008 to 350,000+ members in 2017
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
Focus: Anne launched this blog due to concerns about companies substituting recreational activities and extreme activities for "real" team building and eroding the credibility of the industry.
Anne shares tips and strategies for boosting the impact of team building without shying away from exploring team building pitfalls.
- 10 Team Building Trends for 2017
- Team Building: 8 Initiatives for Executives to Boost Bottom Line Results
- What Does "Real" Team Building Look Like?
- Team Building: 12 Ways Executives are Missing the Mark
- Does team building have to involve competition to be effective?
- Is there value in extreme team building?
- Team Building is not a Half Day Event
- Team Building: Top 10 Team Building Pitfalls
- 5 Tips for Making Team Building Affordable for Small Teams
- Pop-Up Events: A Hot Team Building and Marketing Trend
Focus: This blog has a personal touch. Anne started it to capture her experiences and photos from around the world. Her travel to 24 countries so far have definitely shaped her approach to team building and corporate event planning. Anne invites readers to follow her journey and pick up ideas for destinations to host executive retreats.
- Team Building: Destination and Activity Quick Guide
- 5 Destinations Catering to Corporate Teams with Diverse Interests
- International Event Planning Tools and Tips
- Germany: Back to Bacharach - A Personal Pictorial Journey
- Jamaica Join me for a Mental Vacation
- Is Corporate Team Building a Waste of Time?
- Who Loses When Organizations Overspend on Team Recreation?
- Does Racial Stereotyping Undermine Team Building?
Focus: Plan Your Meetings is a branch of the world's largest association for meeting professionals - Meeting Professionals International. The majority of meetings in the corporate world are planned by non-titled event planners like executive assistants. Plan your Meetings offers advice, how-to guides, and best practices from veteran event and meeting planners.
- 8 tips for designing great guerrilla marketing events
- 6 approaches to viral marketing for planners
- 10 tips for creating interactive hybrid events
- 6 event planning mistakes that will destroy your budget
- Breathing new life into popular Christmas event themes
- 6 B2B social media marketing tips for eventprofs
- RFP ethics: 7 land mines to avoid
Focus: Event Manager Blog has become the go-to online resource for trends, technology, and Innovation for the event industry. Event Manager Blog issues annual editions of a number of popular e-books including the Event App Bible, The Good Event Good Event Registration Guide, and Social Media for Events.
In addition to writing blog posts for Event Manager Blog, Anne has also worked on e-books including The Event App Bible and Social Media for Events.
- Toronto Event Planning: 9 Tips for a Destination for All Seasons
- Jamaica in a Different Fashion - 8 Experiences to Spice Up Your Events
- Dubai Events: 11 Tips and Take-aways
- Malaysia: A Diverse Multicultural Landscape for Events
- 10 Reasons To Plan Your Next Event in Anaheim (Uncredited)
Focus: The EventMobi event app platform worldwide reaches thousands of event planners and millions of attendees in over 40 countries. The EventMobi team is on a mission to change the way attendees engage at live events.
- Organizing Pop-up Meetings & Events: 4 Keys to Success
- 7 Surefire Strategies for Selling Through Event Technology to your Executives
- Event Security: How Technology can Help Event Professionals Manage Risk
- 8 Keys to Integrating Emerging Technology into Events
- What makes a Marketing Event Successful?
- The R.O.I. Hole in Corporate Meeting & Event Planning
Focus: Cvent offers event app. and software solutions to event planners and an integrated platform for hoteliers. Cvent has over 28,000 customers in 100 countries.
The editor of Cvent Event Blog was so impressed by Anne's destination profiles and innovative team building and corporate event blog posts that she invited Anne to join the Cvent blogging team in May, 2011, Anne is the only team building facilitator and event planner in the world that wrote blogs for Cvent 5 days a week for 4 1/2 years. She has also written a number of Destination Guides for the Cvent Supplier Network
- 12 Strategies to Increase Attendee Engagement
- Business Meetings 411: Building Better Breakouts
- 2016 Hot Event Industry Trends
- 2015 Fall Colors, Cuisine and Decor for Events
- Hot 2015 Food and Beverage Trends
- 9 Meeting Planning Mistakes to Avoid
- Arianna Huffington Advises Event Planners to Disconnect to Re-connect
- Social Media Photo Sharing: Flickr vs Instagram
Revised and Updated:
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Revised & Updated it)
Focus: Elite Meetings International, a hospitality marketing company, helps meeting planners find hotels and resorts for their meetings, events, and trade shows through its proprietary RFP tool.
- 6 Ways to Use Go Pro at Events
- Jamaica's Fabulous Eco Tourism Experiences
- Montreal: 5 Wonderful Winter Festivals
- Outdoor Meetings: Some Practical Considerations
- Meetings.net: 5 Hot Culinary Trends for 2017
- Incentive Mag: Should Companies Cancel Incentive Travel During a Recession
Anne Thornley-Brown, our owner, has been interviewed by various media outlets. Here are a few examples. If you missed them you can tune in:
NPR, July, 2014:
Blogtalkradio, November, 2013:
Blogtalkradio, May, 2010:
CBC Radio 1's "The House", December, 2008
- How Team Building Can Help the House of Commons
You can hear Anne around the 30:00 remark, right after Prime Minister Harper's comments about trust building