Toronto-Based Consulting Firm Specializing in Team Building & Organizational Development (OD)
- What are some pitfalls to avoid when planning an executive retreat or team building?
- Our team has seen it all and we are getting bored with standard fare. Is there anything really unique that you can suggest for our next session?
- Our organization is facing budget contraints. How can we offer an executive retreat or team building that is within the scope of our budget but still effective?
- What is the difference between team building and team recreation?
- What services do you offer for rapidly changing organizations?
- Do you offer location scouting or logistical planning services for team building and executive retreats?
- With what other rapidly changing organizations has the Executive Oasis International team worked?
- How does Executive Oasis International help executive teams manage change?
- Why an oasis?
- Do you offer any special programmes for small teams?
- Do you offer special rates for small teams?
- What are the payment terms for small groups?
- How do we go about requesting a quote or booking the services Executive Oasis International?
- What information does Executive Oasis International need in order to provide an accurate and timely quote?
- What are some important things to know about booking our services?
- How do handle preliminary inquiries?
- What can we expect to pay for the services of Executive Oasis International?
- What are your payment terms and conditions?
- What is your travel policy?
- Why is a retainer required before event venues, recreation service providers, resources for entertainment, and other special suppliers are contacted for quotes?
- What is your policy regarding alcohol consumption?
- Is Executive Oasis International a travel agency?
- How do I get permission to link to the Executive Oasis International site?
- How do link to the Executive Oasis International site?
- We are a Toronto (Canada) based management consulting firm.
- ALL inquiries are handled from Toronto.
- We do NOT specialize in activities that are strictly recreational.
Common Business Challenges
Team Building Tips & Best Practices
About Our Services
Services for Small Groups
Booking our Services
Pricing, Payment Terms, and Conditions
We have worked with Anne the last three years for our President's Club and she was top notch for quality. The three events were great success and many thanks to Anne for her expert services to make them great! I would highly recommend Anne for group functions to let your group enjoy and relax knowing you are being taken care of.Michael Turajlich, Scalar Decisions Inc., Toronto
The retreat went well. Anne provided useful techniques and was enthusiastic and informative. The Leadership Team enjoyed themselves and learned so much about the value by each participant from our Leadership Team.Bob Boaldin, Founder/CEO, EPICPCS, Elkhart, Kansas
Anne is an excellent mentor who taught me years ago how the training profession operated. With her as my coach, I progressed from being a telephone customer service rep to being a full time trainer in less than a year. A few years after that, I was promoted to Manager of Call Centre Training at one of the largest telecom companies in Canada.Mike Aoki, President, Reflective Keynotes
This was terrific team building, surpassed my expectations and provided an entirely new experience.Ian Lum You, Vice-President, Sales, Dial Corporation
Anne organized a cooking event, meeting, and dinner.... She totally nailed the venue choices, presented interesting options, and was instrumental in helping making the event a success. Anne brings unique event ideas and a professional approach to event planning.Maurice Benatar, Vice President Business Development and Marketing, Mayhew
Our core service is consulting to help teams and organizations improve their effectiveness. We deliver this service in a variety of ways including organizational development (OD), executive coaching, keynotes, meeting facilitation, executive retreats, and team building. We have a number of highly effective business simulations that can be customized for team building and executive retreats. We can also custom design an approach to meet your objectives.
Since some of our business simulations, which are often delivered at off-site locations in Canada and overseas, involve indoor and outdoor recreational components, companies have also been coming to us when they require upscale recreational events and corporate event planning. We are pleased to offer one stop shopping to plan team building and executives retreats from start to finish and facilitate them expertly.
One thing that differentiates us from some of our competitors is that we will plan team building and executive retreats from start to finish. This service is provided as a convenience to offer one stop shopping to clients who book team building or executive retreats with us.
Location scouting and logistical planning involves at minimum several hours and can take up to many days. Accordingly, if you require any of the following services as part of your decision-making process (i.e. before you book our services), here are our retainers:
- Location Scouting:$500 Retainer (Deducted from total fee if engaged for session). No locations will be released or site inspections scheduled until this retainer has been paid.
Many of our clients already have a made a decision about the location of their event and selected a venue by the time they contact us. This is not a good idea as often the venue is not a good fit for what they ultimately select for team building.
If you require assistance with location scouting before you have booked our services, we will determine your requirements, scope out the market and present you with 3 locations that are available for your preferred dates. (Always have some options but never lock in dates until you have conferred with us as we will find out the dates on which the most affordable rates are available.)
Toronto companies that require site visits before deciding whether or not to use our services will be charged a retainer of $750 before any venues are disclosed or shown.
If you decide to book an executive retreat or team building, after you have paid the deposit or the decutible retainer for location scouting, we will contact venues and assist you in finding an appropriate location.
Assistance with venue selection is a value added service we offer at no extra charge for clients who have booked our team building or corporate event planning services. These conditions apply:
- you book team building or a corporate event for a minimum of 20 participants
- an overnight stay is involved
- we negotiate the venue contract for you
- you sign the contract and pay the venue
- we receive the commission
If you have an exclusive agreement with a 3rd party to source and book your venues or if you do this internally, our regular event planning fees will apply if you want us to plan the other aspects of the executive retreat, team building, or corporate event (e.g. catering, rooming list, logistics with venue, pre-con with hotel).
- Retainer for Location Scouting & Event Planning Deposit: $1000 (Deducted from final invoice for luxury services or if engaged for session for group of more than 20.)
Cutomized Agendas, Itineraries and Budgets
Customized agendas, itinearies, and budgets are part of the service that we offer for clients who book our executive retreats, team building, or corporate event planning services.
If you require a customized outline and/or detailed budget before making a decision to use our services, we would be happy to provide that. There is a dedcutible retainer towards our even planning fees, payble upfront. We will need a conversation with the decision maker to ensure that what we are suggeting "hits the mark".
- Retainer Towards Event Planning Fee: $750 (Deducted from final invoice if engaged for session for group of more than 20.)
If all you require is a consultation to help you plan your event and location scouting, please be up front about that. If you decide to move forward and use our services to facilitate your executive retreat, team building, or meeting, we will apply any amount paid for event planning consultations and location scouting as a credit on your final invoice.
Our clients have experienced mergers, re-structuring, and high growth. They have included Nakheel/Dubai World, Holt Renfrew, Bell Mobility, Telus Mobility, Scalar Decisions, Mayhew & Associates, Mister Safety Shoes, CIBC, RBC, Caribbean Development Bank (Barbados), OCBC Bank (Malaysia), Sidra Capital (Saudi Arabia), Batelco (Bahrain), Bidvest (South Africa), DAL Group (Sudan), Thomas Reuter (Dubai), and Novo Nordisk Canada. We have experience with high technology companies, banks, airlines, and oil and gas companies. We have worked with organizations in 10 countries including Canada, United Arab Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman, Jamaica, USA, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India, Dominica. We have also delivered services to clients from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Sudan.
We work with organizations at various stages of the organizational growth curve. We'll help your senior management develop strategies to:
- get a clear vision of the corporate culture they want to create
- identify and articulate core values
- identify the trends and market events that have the greatest impact on your company's performance
- chart those trends and course correct as needed
- identify and eliminate barriers to achieving corporate goals and objectives
- build a team that will thrive during growth and change
Often, when people think of a desert, they picture a flat and sandy terrain that stretches for miles. Deserts are actually rugged environments with towering sand dunes, desert storms, extreme hot and cold temperatures. Jeeps race up and down desert sand dunes in roller coaster fashion. If they don't, it's easy to get stuck and end up spinning your wheels. In the desert, one can travel for miles upon miles without seeing any sign of growth.
This is a perfect description of the business environment since 2001. Wide fluctuations in corporate and stock market performance, the increasingly tough environment in which to grow business, and the sweeping effects of political upheavals, terror attacks, flooding, tsunamis, H1N1, SARS, 9/11, and other cataclysmic events have their parallel in the desert storms. The pace of change has accelerated. Organizations have to move at break neck speed to stay ahead of the competition.
Almost all of our programmes can be scaled for large or small groups. For small groups, the per person price will be higher than the rate for large groups. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visexecutaries: Apprentice Team Building (Global)
- Restaurant Inc.: Cooking Team Building (Global)
- Viral Video DIY(Toronto)
- Wilderness Survival Team Building (Canada, USA)
- Island Survival Team Building (Jamaica)
- Desert Survival Team Building (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman)
- Arctic Survival Team Building (Canada, Japan, USA)
We can also facilitate team building that zeroes in on the specific business issues you are facing.
Our sister company offers some programmes with special rates for small groups in Toronto.
Here is our approach to facilitation for small teams:
For groups in Toronto or the GTA, we are pleased to extend our meeting facilitation and consulting rates for meeting facilitation and team building that doesn't involve complex logistics or the use of suppliers to deliver recreational activities.
We will charge a flat rate of US$1000 extra for groups outside Canada to compensate for travel time. It will be $600 extra for small groups outside the GTA.
This is a significant savings over our usual minimum rates for team building that is based group size of 25.
There will be a separate charge for the recreational components that are outsourced to our suppliers.
Here are some cost-saving tips for team building for small teams.
For small groups:
Small groups are groups with fewer than 15 participants.
- US$500 - $1000 retainer required before availability of venues checked or consulting is provided
- 100% payment due within 5 - 7 business days of receiving quote.
Regular payment terms will apply if the total invoiced is more than US$4400 (before taxes and gratuities)
100% payment at the time of booking is required for programmes for which the total invoiced is US$4440 or less (before taxes and gratuities}