Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Anne Thornley-Brown, Keynote Speaker
For over 20 years, Anne Thornley-Brown, President, Executive Oasis International has helped organizations from 18 countries foster innnovation, and improve organizational effectiveness.
Anne Thornley-Brown, Keynote Speaker
Anne Thornley-Brown, President of Executive Oasis International, is keynote speaker and a professional meeting and team building facilitator.
Anne has an M.B.A. from York University's Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada. She also has an MSW from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her undergraduate degree is from McGill University.
Anne has worked with companies from 18 countries including Canada, USA, UAE (Dubai), Oman, Jamaica, Barbados, Dominica. Singapore, and Malaysia. During 18 tours of Asia, she has facilitated workshops and team building for over 2,000 executives, managers, and professionals.
Anne speaks English, French, and some Spanish.
Anne has had the pleasure of serving on the boards of directors of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (Toronto Chapter), The Institute for Performance and Learning - Toronto Chapter (formerly Canadian Society for Training and Development), and the MBA Women's Association.
Anne blogs regularly for The Huffington Post, Plan Your Meetings by MPI, Event Manager Blog, Meetings.net, EventMobi, Cvent, Event Coup, Elite Meetings, and more.
Anne has extensive business experience in a variety of industries including banking, wireless communications, high technology, transportation, the non profit sector, and film and television.
Before starting her own business, Anne shaped the management development strategy at 2 major Canadian corporations, Bell Mobility and VIA Rail Canada (TMC). She spearheaded management development, OD, and organizational change initiatives.
In 1996, Anne launched her company in Toronto to help organizations foster innovation and improve team effectiveness. Anne has shaped the vision for Executive Oasis International.
Oasis = a Place of Calm & Growth in the Midst of Turbulence
Anne brings her oasis to you through keynotes, meeting facilitation and boardroom presentations.
For over 20 years, in addition to running her team building, consulting, and training companies, Anne has worked as a professional actress appearing in film, on TV, and in TV commercials. She uses this experience to create interactive exercises for clients.
Anne's acting credits include working with Giancarlo Esposito as the head of the Parole Board on the Brothers episode of the Showtime TV series Street Time, playing a jail guard on the "All Around the Town" episode of the Mary Higgins Clark Mysteries, and appearing as Nurse Royed on the Complicated episode of the TV series Doc starring Billy Ray Cyrus.
ALL inquiries are handled from our office in Toronto, Canada where we are based.
- Telephone: +1 905 887-5244
Executive Oasis International
Markham, Ontario, Canada
We welcome inquiries from companies and associations interested in
engaging Anne as a keynote speaker or faciltiator.
- Anne Thornley-Brown, MSW, MBA - Bio
- Expertise: Anne is a keynote speaker and facilitator of executive retreats, team building, and meetings to help rapidly changing organizations survive,thrive, and grow even in the midst of turbulence.
- Anne is the President of Executive Oasis International, a Toronto-based management consulting firm
- Services: Services at a Glance
The February Blahs often cause moods to plummet and morale to slump. We asked Anne to come and do a motivational piece about stress-busting and making the most of your life at work, and she delivered a colourful, upbeat presentation that took our participants on a Jamaican Getaway! Using reggae music, travel videos, vibrant colour and fun activities, Anne helped our staff to see different ways to beat the blahs and regain positive energy at work. Her enthusiasm, willingness to have fun and simple but effective words of wisdom helped make our meeting a success.Kimberlee Treleaven, Manulife Financial
We have collaborated and organised over ten workshops for executives, managers and professionals in Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India). Anne is truly an expert on her subject matter and gives her heart and soul.... Her sessions have attracted a lot of multinational companies. We further concluded several in house workshops in Malaysia namely with OCBC bank, Permodalan Nasional Berhad and Penang Port.T. Saravanan, Chief Event Officer, FiK International (Malaysia)
You just keep getting better all the time. Your advice drawn from your experience, on how to hand in there and persist as learning revolutionaries, was a great message and very well received.David Meier, Center for Accelerated Learning
One of a kind presenter and definitely knowledgeable and made the participants very much involved through out the 2-day workshop. Pleasant and warm person to work with and always a pleasure to work with Anne.Nida Hamid, Project Director, EMP Asia - Conference Producers (Malaysia)
If you want boring, don't call Anne!Miguel Gonsalves, Director, Continuous Learning, Telus Mobility (Toronto)
"You deliver a Cadillac when a Volkswagen will do!"Donna Edgar, Human Resources Manager (Former), Bell Mobility (Toronto)
Here is a sample of some of the topics are available as interactive keynotes:
- Connecting the Dots: Spotting Trends & Seizing Opportunities in the Midst of Turbulence
- What Real Team Building Looks Like
- Fostering Innovation in the Face of Accelerated Change
- Going Global: Seizing Opportunities in the International Marketplace
- Re-engineering Conferences and Corporate Meetings
- Re-engineering Team Building Retreats
- Taking the Plunge from Employee to Entrepreneur
- B2B Social Media Marketing - It's not a Magic Bullet
- Building, Managing and Growing LinkedIn Groups
- Spicing up Your Training with Accelerated Learning
- The Changing Face of Diversity
Anne Thornley-Brown, our owner, has been interviewed by various media outlets. Here are a few examples. If you missed them you can tune in:
NPR, July, 2014:
Blogtalkradio, November, 2013:
Blogtalkradio, May, 2010:
CBC Radio 1's "The House", December, 2008
- How Team Building Can Help the House of Commons
You can hear Anne around the 30:00 remark, right after Prime Minister Harper's comments about trust building
Executive Oasis International has an active and strong social media presence. Our President manages a number of virtual communities.
- Group Owner, International Team Building Network for Executives,
Members from 30+ countries
- Group Manager, Event Planning & Management Group,
Grew from 4,000 members in 2008 to 350,000+ members in 2017
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network - New
Executive Oasis International has been profiled in a number of media outlets and publications including:
- How to Plan a Successful Executive Retreat Successful Meetings Magazine, August, 2016
- 5 Steps to Create a Better Executive Retreat Successful Meetings Magazine, August, 2016
- Ideas to Help Keep Tempers Cool at Meetings Smart Meetings Magazine, March, 2015
- Corporate Team-Building Activities: The Good, the Bad and the Really Ugly U.S. News & World Report, September, 2014
- Corporate Team-Building Events: The Good, The Bad & the Ugly Huffington Post UK, April, 2014
- Team building, le agenzie devono ripensare i propri concept per gestire le sfide del mercato, January, 2014
- Middle East: Rules of Engagement, International Meetings Review, May, 2013
- Extreme Team Building, ASME, December 2012
- Executive Survivor - Jungle Retreats in Malaysia, Incentive Spotlight, MICE Now, China Economic Review, 2011 (In English & Mandarin)
- When hitting targets means hitting the beach - and a nail head Globe & Mail, May, 2010
- Executive Retreats Move Your Company in the Right Direction Smart Meetings Magazine, May, 2010
- During Tough Times, Smart Firms Retreat, National Post Archive
- Destination Malaysia, HRM Singapore
- Wall Street Journal (Asia Edition), April 2007
- Are You Sabotaging Your Company? A common self-defeating behaviour among CEOs - and how to change it, Profit Magazine, February, 2007
- Corporate Playgrounds, MICE International
- Make work fun: Corporate retreat, Canadian Business Magazine
- "All for One and One for All" Biz Bash To. Guide to Meetings September/October, 2006, Page 30
- How the Other Half Meets: Planning Special Events for Fortune 1000 Firms
- Corporate Retreats Event Solutions Magazine (.PDF File)
- Step Away From the Fish Eyes
10 Tips for Planning Retreats Abroad Web Extra, Event Solutions Magazine
- The Race is On: Team building exercises draw from reality TV for inspiration Contact Magazine, Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Profit Magazine's Essential Web Guide