Jamaica Team Building & Executive Retreats: Island Survival
Facilitated Team Building & Executive Retreats
Jamaica, Barbados, Dominica, Saint Lucia
- We are a Toronto (Canada) based management consulting firm.
- Our team building in Jamaica & other parts of the Caribbean ranges from 3 - 4+ days.
- We do NOT specialize in activities that are strictly recreational.
Island Survival Team Building: Marooned in Jamaica's Cockpit Country
3 - 4+ Day Team Building Simulation
- Fine-tune your marketing strategy.
- Improve cohesion between geographically dispersed teams.
- Identify untapped markets for your products and services.
- Equip your team for the challenges of a rapidly changing environment.
- Improve your team's ability to deal with uncertainty and tolerate ambiguity.
- Introduce your team to a suite of simple but powerful tools for planning, decision making, and brainstorming in a fast-paced environment.
Island Survival Survivor inspired team building in Jamaica is a facilitated 3 - 4 +day business team building simulation that is perfect for executive retreats. (It's also available in other parts of the Caribbean including Barbados, Dominica, and Anguilla.)
Island Survival: Marooned in Jamaica's Cockpit Country will take you through a step by step "tune up" to break down silos and improve cross-functional teamwork.
This stranded on an island simulation will familiarize your team with a suite of tools that they will then use to generate solutions for your own business issues and challenges.
Your team will spend a full day in the mountains (or on the beach) participating in a variety of facilitated business exercises and outdoor team challenges to hone your sales, marketing, and teamwork skills.
We can modify this simulation and set it on the beach.
- We do NOT have offices in the Caribbean. ALL inquiries are handled from Toronto.
- We specialize in business simulations. We do NOT specialize in events that are strictly recreational.
Please note: We are Toronto based team building specialists and business consultants who specialize in facilitated business team building and executive retreats. Our Jamaican-born senior facilitator will travel to the Caribbean to serve clients who require our expert facilitation.
Our local alliance partners in the Caribbean will deliver the recreational activities, food and beverage requirements etc. according to our exact specifications.
Island Survival: Marooned in Jamaica's Cockpit Country
Inspired by the TV show Survivor, Island Survival takes teams through a step-by-step "team tune up" to:
- Break down silos.
- Build team spirit.
- Identify and eliminate communication stop gaps.
- Identify and tap into new markets for your products and services.
- Harness your team's creative genius to resolve business issues.
- Experience the local culture.
The premise of this business simulation is that your team is stranded in the mountaions (or on a deserted island) and must come up with a plan to generate money to pay for their journey home upon rescue.
You'll develop a strategy to market your a product or service from the island. A professional facilitator will help you debrief your experience and how what you have learned can be used when you get back to the office.
Island Survival Team Building, Jamaica
This is the Jamaican Team Building storyline. It will be customized for other locations.
It was supposed to be a relaxing vacation in Jamaica. But, you couldn't resist going for it - the adventure of a lifetime, an overnight trek on horseback in Jamaica's Cockpit Country, terrain so rugged that incredible wild flora and fauna grow unchecked.
A quick, wild gallop - and you're separated from your guides and the rest of your party. You have enough food to last a week. You're stranded in small teams, struggling to get back to civilization. You've lost your money, your identification, your passports and your airline tickets. All you have is your horses, your tack, the clothing on your back and the one "luxury" item you managed to sneak into your gear.
To get home, you have to raise the money for your airfare and to replace the supplies you've lost. You're not too worried. Your Maroon guides promised they'd send a rescue party if you got lost.
The only way to survive is to take stock of your situation, make your plans and take action! You construct some makeshift stables and shelters and get a good night's sleep before you consider your options.
The next morning, you exercise and swim your horses and cool off under a waterfall. You pull out the Island Survival package that your Maroon guides gave you and you begin to develop your strategy using idea chains, storyboards, flow charts, and force field analysis. You'll forage for food, identify a product that you can manufacture in the mountains to raise money, and design a marketing strategy that you can implement upon rescue.
Whenever you hear the sound of the drum, you'll meet at the waterfall to compete with the other teams for valuable prizes and resources.
Your Mission: To get home, you have to raise the money for your airfare and to replace the supplies you've lost. The only way to survive is to take stock of your situation, make your plans and take action.
You'll forage for food, identify a product that you can manufacture on the island to raise money, and design a marketing strategy that you can implement upon rescue. You'll compete in team challengesfor valuable prizes to help you implement your plan.
You'll design your strategy with idea chains, storyboards, flow charts, and force fields.
After you're rescued, your facilitator will guide you as you debrief your experience and apply lessons learned to your business.
- GPS Challenge
- Regatta Games
- Firestarter Challenge
- Outdoor Cooking Challenge
Upgrades Available *
- Raft Building
- Horse Riding
- Swimming Horses
- Catamaran Cruise
- Gourmet Dinners on the Beach
- Gourmet Cooking Challenges on the Beach
Inspired by the TV show Survivor, our Island Survival, Survivor team building retreats will also give your team an opportunity to experience the local culture and traditional lifestyle.
- Visit a Maroon Village in the Cockpit Country in Jamaica.
- Get off the beaten track and explore Jamaica by 4 X 4 or motorcyle.
- Learn about the Taino and the other cultures that left an imprint on Jamaican culture at Outameni.
- Visit the Carib Settlement in Dominica
Facilitation: Your facilitator will take you through a briefing to ensure that the links between your island survival experience and the daily challenges your team faces are clear. Your facilitator will debrief the experience with your team to help you mine your experience for insights that team members can take back to work and use immediately.
Logistics: The initial 1/2 day briefing can be conducted at a hotel or at your office.